Saturday, August 15, 2009

The DC Pride Parade

I went to the DC Pride Parade for the first time ever a few days ago. It was quite a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures I took. This is a very picture heavy post!



The dykes on bikes were by far my favorite part of the parade.



Hint: She's not wearing a bikini.



A lovely Queen.



All of the religious organizations that were represented was very heartening!



Roller girls! :D (And the top of Sarah's head, which features prominently in many of my pictures.)





Another heart warming float.



A couple from the crowd, dressed as wonder woman and a girl in a pink tutu, I think.



This ad made me lol.



Gay cowboys! Something interesting that I noticed was that the parade was filled with many more men then women, and that the women who were there tended to have more clothing on. At the time I didn't think too much of it, other then to be somewhat disappointed, but later I realized this was an excellent example of the male gaze at work! Even within my beloved queer community, which tends to be more egalitarian towards gender. I guess we still have a lot of work left to do.



They do. Also, I want that flag.

Oh, shi-! I just noticed that, for some reason, about half of the pictures have been cut off. For most of them it doesn't matter very much, but you can't see the awesome flag that was in this picture! ;_;



The gay marching band!



I have been filled with this overwhelming desire to go see some Opera...



And that desire has only been increasing.



I was fairly shocked when I noticed that this guy was, in fact, rocking out with his cock out. I guess his colorful fans distract the police? (I did blur out the critical bits, don't worry.)


I took a ton of more pictures, but most of them came out pretty blurry. Plus this page is going to be a slow enough loader as is, me thinks.

No comments: